Spectrum is delighted to announce the launch of its expanded Family Worker & Child Psychology support.
This is an exceptional addition to the range of services that we already provide for the families of children with Autism, additional needs and disabilities that we support. We are delighted to have Amanda and Carina step into these roles, of which they are hugely passionate about.
For this wonderful step that benefits so many families, we owe considerable thanks to the wonderful support and collaboration of the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation and Suffolk Community Foundation, alongside the Anglian Water – Love Every Drop Positive Difference Fund, of which we are incredibly grateful for all their efforts. It’s fantastic to work in this way collectively to support our incredible local community. In view of this, we are also providing dedicated time to families in the Cambridgeshire and Suffolk areas.
These new roles will see our team be able to quickly assist the families of children with Autism, additional needs and disabilities that we support in a whole host of areas. An example of just some of the advice, guidance and support in these SEND (Special Education Needs & Disabilities) areas are as follows:
- Challenging Behaviours and Interventions
- Child Development
- Anxieties, Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Assisting Autistic routines
- EHCP (Education Health Care Plans)
- Benefit Advice for DLA (Disability Living Allowance), PIP (Personal Independence Payment), Family Fund and Short Breaks
- Assisting families just understanding SEND, new conditions and the path to diagnosis
- Assisting families on the diagnosis path with sense checking and support
Our dedicated page for this aspect of our service can be found at https://spectrum.org.uk/support – this is also the initial contact point for existing members to reach the team and request the support.